Re: [NTLK] OT fishing quote

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 07:57:54 EST

Ken Whitcomb wrote:

> > "give a man a fish, and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, and you'll
> > never see him on the weekends again......"
>
> My friend's shirt reads "Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a
> man to fish and he'll spend the entire day in a boat drinking beer."

How about these Terry Pratchett quotes:

"Give people jam today and they'll just sit and eat it. Jam tomorrow,
now - that'll keep them going for ever." (Hogfather)

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's
warm for the rest of his life." (Jingo!)

And a quote on the quotes: "It's funny because it's true!" (Homer
Simpson, IIRC)

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"We're here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and we're all out of gum." (Dr. Zulu of Team Diotoir on Robot Wars Extreme)