Re: [NTLK] OT: rev a imac memory

From: Tim De Chant (dechant_at_stolaf.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 23:59:46 EST

Actually, that 8 GB rule applies to OS 9 as well. I have two OS 9
system folders on two separate partitions on my rev. D iMac, one in the
first 8 GB and one not in the first 8 GB. If I try starting from the
one not in the first 8 GB, I get a gray screen that won't boot. I then
have to use a CD to set the proper startup disk.

For Classic, though, you can ignore this rule. That's why I have the
other system folder on the latter part of the drive.

Tim

P.S. As far as affected machines, they are the ones with the "Old
World" ROM. I don't remember which have this, but I think "New World"
ROM came in with the second generation iMac or the B&W towers. I could
be wrong, too.