Re: [NTLK] [OT] Bigger than iWalk

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 06:35:40 EST

------------------
>ok, not a cheap solution really, but i guess it works.

I got the 'gem.enterprises' special on the 32 meg. cards, US$50.00 each.
:-)
---------------
>how do you transfer
>images to the desktop/laptop? is there a driver for reading linear flash in
>a powerbook, or do you use ethernet/ftp/x-port/mail ?

Usually I direct connect from digicam to desktop/laptop so my Tibet-Newt
can send pics. But x-port would be best to connect with.
----------------
>btw, does anyone know why paul guyot set this 4M constraint for the alpha
>ATA driver? i have not been interested in testing the ATA driver for newton
>just because of that - 4M is not more than an average linear flash card, so
>why hassle with add-ons...
>
>i long for the ATA driver to be finished soon, i then hope to be able to
>swap card between different devices, such as camera, powerbook and newton.
>really simple backups and image transfers! (IIRC, paul said this would not
>be possible until a much much later version, unfortunately)
>

>doppler

I can't wait for ATA-final. :-)
But it's his effort so I don't mind waiting(and the fact that nobody else
is working on it).
I believe that once storage space is plentiful and cheap, we'll have more
Newton-users, newbies, converts, even users lost on the 'evil side'
finding themselves falling in love again with their green-friends.
'awwwww' :-D