Re: [NTLK] Silence

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 13:14:17 EST

On 18/01/02 13:00, "Larrie Easterly" <larrie_at_larrie.com> wrote:

>> Larrie Easterly [larrie_at_larrie.com] wrote the following 2002-01-18 18.43:
>>
>>> Well I am going to HAVE to figure out a way keep one of the Newt 2100's that
>>> I got. Two of the units make the standard annoying buzzing noise when the
>>> back light is on. The third is silent! Not having the transformer noise is a
>>> joy when working with the back light on.
>>
>> lucky you! i would suggest an autopsy for the sake of the community, so that
>> you can reveal the secret to the rest of us!
>>

>> doppler
>
> Now wait a minute. Autopsies are done on dead things. This Newt is alive and
> well! I am not sure I am up to exploratory surgery either, having never
> taken one of these apart. Think I will just enjoy the sound of silence.

Furthermore, it has been explained a few times here, in this forum, what was
causing the sound. What is still up in the air is how backlighting could be
done without the electric requirements that cause the buzz.

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.