[NTLK] More NPDS questions

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 18:46:04 EST

First, thanks for those who offered their help on my
previous NPDS question. I will preform the necessary
upgrades to fix some of the difficulties.
Now, is it my version of NPDS (2.02) that is unstable?
Or is NPDS prone to crashing? I have my 2100 sitting
at home and serving pages all day...now it no longer
is serving. This happened last night as well. It seems
that the longer the newt is up and serving pages, the
more prone it is to crashing.
Is there a fix for this? Perhaps some kind of stop and
restart of services (or like in IIS5 with a failsafe
capability, restarting services that fail)
Its frustrating because my Newt's at home and there's
nothing I can do about it.
Also...I have noticed a definate speed problem. When I
browse my Newton, I cannot go to a different page
until the page load progress bar disappears. I've been
to other Newts and there is little or no lag in their
page loads. Could this be because I have the server
and the folder where the documents are stored on
sitting on a RAM card?
Thanks again for your knowledge.
Ed
web/gadget guru