Re: [NTLK] 130 screen repairs

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 16:55:02 EST

on 20-01-2002 9:47, Glen Swanson (laotel) at glen_at_laotel.com wrote:

> I've been given a bag of various Newton bits and pieces including a 130 with
> a back light that wouldn't light. Last night I opened the case and by
> reseating the two cables the light begun to work. Unfortunately the touch
> screen in no longer responding to the pen in any way. Did I bugger it up, or
> are their any recommendations of a good fix.

Now for a 130 I an only give you an uneducated guess (never opened one up
and been ages, or seems that way, that I owned one myself) but if the pen
input did work before you reseated the cables it sounds like you reseated
one while unseating another.
Guess you would have to open it up once more and I would check it out before
you close it again (with all due precautions of course, there's quite a bit
of current running through that backlight AFAIR)

Robert Benschop