Re: [NTLK] Help with BookMaker needed

From: Marcus Koppenburg (marcuskoppenburg_at_web.de)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 10:31:25 EST

On 22 Jan 2002, at 9:09, Tom Sheppard wrote:

> Why on earth do I do something that silly when BookMaker supports RTF?
> It's because otherwise I get the ellipsis from hell in which lines that
> are too long are truncated with an ellipsis. So the word wrapping does
> not work properly with RTF. It works fine with Word 5.1.

AFAIK the ellipsis is caused by the font. If you use any font, which is
not recognized and translated to the Newton-pendants of NewYork or
Geneva, BM use system-font, for which BM seems to have a
calculation bug. Therefore makes the text to long for the pages, which
the bookreader on Newton let snip with the ellipsis.

Marcus