Re: [NTLK] 2100 that won't turn on

From: beaumontj_at_mindspring.com
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 13:02:02 EST

Sorry, I should have checked the FAQ.

I'm trying the procedure below. Already tried the 20 second reset button depress with no luck. I'll let you know if it still doesn't work. I get this as a digest so I haven't seen any responses, but I was reading the last issue and saw Victor's exhortation to "Check the FAQ (or somewhere else)!" :) Of course, that's what I should have done instead of immediately firing off a post. Victor, it won't happen again!

If * For the MP2000 and MP2100 *only*, remove the battery, cards, and power adapter. Let the Newton sit by itself for a few hours. Leave it a whole day or a whole night if you can. You won't lose any data. Then put in fresh alkalines, and plug in the power adapter. Press the reset button.
This procedure cures nearly every turning-on problem these models have.