[NTLK] NCU 1.0 over ethernet

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 15:56:35 EST

I am suddenly having a hard time connecting my eMate and iMac over
ethernet. They have worked in the past (the problem appeared about 5
minutes after a full back-up) and I know that the ethernet card is not
the problem, because I can still check email on the eMate. I usually
connect in OS X, running NCU in Classic, but when the problem developed,
I tried in OS 9 too. No dice. I didn't change any settings, and as far
as I can tell they are all still correct. AppleTalk on both machines set
to use Ethernet, and both the Newt and NCU set to dock over AppleTalk.
But for some reason, the Newton can't find the Mac on the network.
Details that may be useful: both machines are plugged into a hub, which
in turn is plugged into a campus network, but I tried using a crossover
cable to be sure that wasn't the problem. No dice. The only thing I
installed lately was Norton AntiVirus and LiveUpdate, in both X and 9.
Any ideas?

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj