Re: [NTLK] Cool Newton keyboard-dock thing???

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 00:50:24 EST

As Victor said, you can plug a Newton keyboard into an eMate no problem...

But you can't plug an eMate keyboard into a regular Message Pad. The eMate
keyboard is connected via two separate ribbon cables, one has 4 or 5
conductors and the other seems to have about a dozen conductors. I don't
think it's an internal serial device at all.

There just isn't anything inside the MessagePad to accept that unique
keyboard connection.

-Stephanie