Re: [NTLK] Newton Software - was Cool Newton keyboard-dock thing???

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 10:06:09 EST

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Jonathan Wise wrote:

> Being relatively knew to Newtons, I'm a little bedazzled by the massive list
> of software on UNNA, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what packages
> to squeeze onto my 120/2.0.
> Does anyone have any recommendations for "essential apps"?

Avi's Backdrop is essential. Probably also BigNotes if you ever want to
takes notes over 4K in size. PkgInfo is useful for managing packages and
seeing what takes up space. Kill Update and KilleWorld for getting rid of
those obsolete transposts in the in/out box. SBM Options for activating
package freezing, and multiple clipboards. That was just a very quick
romp through my Extensions folder.

> Also, I'm looking for some kind of car-loggin app to help me keep track of
> oil changes and such (I had something similar for my P*lm).

MPG from Catamount.