Re: [NTLK] PC card GPS Solutions

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 02:51:37 EDT

I think it really depends on the interface of the PCMCIA GPS card,
I do remember that the german software GPSMAp accepts PCMCIA GPS cards as
well as long as they use a serial interface and are compatible with NMEA
183.
I think the GPS PCMCIA cards behave like a modem card in the PCMCIA slot.

But you might be completely right that those cards are much more expensive
than a standalone handheld device (with serial interface) or a pure serial
device without screen and user interface.

Johannes