Re: [NTLK] OT poutine

From: Franck Achim (francka_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 00:14:23 EDT

        Mc Donalds is probably the last place to go to to get decent
food(unless you want food poisoning). Personally, I haven't touch any
of their presumed food for over six years now and i'm far from
regretting it. Probably, the best place to fully savour poutine would
be in the country land of Quebec, far from the tall and artificially
flavored cities. What you really want to do is go in a little
"Cantine" and order nice plate of poutine where both your cheese curds
and fries are fresh. Here, in southern Quebec, the french fries are
almost sweet, it's incredible.
        A good place I would recommend to the American public is right
north of your border in Lacolle or Noyan. On the 202, you will find a
great number of little cantines with the good stuff. In lacolle, on the
202, you'll find "La cantine 202" and I'm not sure, but I believe they
get they're cheese curds right from Fritz Kaiser a few towns east in
Noyan(Which itself makes an incredible cheese)

And even if i'm about 15 minutes too late, Happy Canada day to all
135 years isn't too shabby

-Francka

Please stop by at the Lacolle-river Blockhaus
to say hi to me and my little MPH1000