Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Second PrintPack 2.0 and 3COM x-jack Ethernet pool op

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 07:26:12 EDT

>Hello, I have the Epson stylus 670 and the Newton printpack. When I
>installed package included with >the printpack, I just selected the "epson
>stylus" for the printer and it worked fine.

Just for people who haven't seen the output from these, though- it's
unavoidably bitmapped and chunky output, although some fonts are better
than others when rendered this way, of course, depending on the font. It's
not using Postscript or anything, you get moderate to severe effects no
matter the printer you are using.

Fine for printing stuff for personal use, and I found one font that I would
use at work and it would look good enough for printouts for, say, my
colleagues, but not necessarily for stuff going somewhere important. :)

But the Printpack works very reliably and prints on just about anything, in
my experience. I see this as a good time to get a backup and avoid ebay
headaches.