Re: [NTLK] OT michigan hot dogs WAS poutine

From: Rich Lindsay (rich_at_www.thisoldnewt.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 18:00:54 EDT

On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 12:40 PM, SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com wrote:

> IIRC, "michigan" anything usually means "with everything" also known (in
> french) as "hot-dog tout-dresse"

I would assume a Michigan hotdog would be a "chili cheese and onion"
Kogel Vienna Brand Hot Dog. Which they call a Coney Dog.

Where as at Coney Island if you ask for a Coney Dog you would get
(besides a queer (as in strange) look) a plain Nathans Kosher Frank.

  I also love the "chicago dog" which is a local natural casing dog on a
poppy seeded bun with mustard, relish, krout, pickle, tomato, a small
hot chilie pepper with a dash of Celery salt. Serves with cheesey
covered waffle fries and a coke....ummnnnn

My Favorite though is a NYC "dirty Water" Sabret Brand dog with "Sabret"
Pushcart Onions and krout with mustard.

This is only surpassed by any dog with a beer served at a baseball game.

Now is someone could make a hot dog lovers score list and recipe book
for Newton. We would then be back on Topic. But just in case......... I
wonder if Hitler ever ate Hotdogs?

Keep the Green(tm)
Rich Lindsay
This Old Newt
Home of the Newton Price Guide, Newton WebRing, Monthly Interviews, Son
of Ultimate Links Collection, Searchable FAQ . HotDogs Rule!!