Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Second PrintPack 2.0 and 3COM x-jack Ethernet pool open!

From: Richard Lowrey (dawgface_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 20:16:34 EDT

 Hello Woody, The cable is actually a special cable for serial to parallel.

 This is what is on the box:

 "The Newton Print Pack allows you to connect your Newton device to a wide
assortment of ink-jet, laser and dot-matrix printers htat configured to work with
MS-DOS and Windows-based computers. The included serial to parallel adapter cable
requires no external power source because it is powered directly by the Newton device.

The Print Pack allows you to use any parallel-port printer that can be configured to emulate a printer in any of these popular printer families.
. Canon Bubblejet
. Epson Color Sylus, FX, and LQ
. Hewlett Packard Deskjet and Laserjet II"

I hope this helps.

Richard