Re: [NTLK] Help sync'ing Newt & Palm Desktop

From: bob barkany (bob_at_barkany.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 08:23:41 EDT

On 7/3/02 12:14 PM, "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_mac.com> wrote:

>=20
> on 7/2/02 8:25 PM, Joe R. Richardson at joerr_at_eos.net wrote:
>=20
>> "The operation was not completed because of the following error:
>> Unable to access file. Verify that the file is closed, you have
>> enough disk space, and that the device is not write locked."
>=20
>> I've run out of ideas. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
>=20
The way to do this is to set up a new user in PD called say Newton Sync nex=
to your PD file. If your say Joe Richardson User file is open when you try
to sync thru NCU you will get this above message.
Switch user in PD to "Newton Sync" and then sync via NCU to your name file
and it should work. It used to work for me with the previous PD . Don=B9t kno=
about PD4 and MacosX though.
Advice originally by Richard Harbottle
If you see this Richard, Hello

Bob Barkany