Re: [NTLK] Emate Backlight Problem

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 11:03:45 EDT

The problems you are describing are two-fold.

1/ The intermittent BL is caused by a strain on the BL leads, possibly unseating the BL connector located in the display
or a broken and partially touching BL lead.

2/ You may have the start of a display cable break. Hinge springs that are too short have a tendency to pierce the
display ribbon cable right at the hinge.

The display is easy to get to. Remove the 4 black rubber bumpers on the display cover to reveal 4 Torx screws. (I think
#8 Torx could be #6, my notes are at home). Then remove the front display cover. It snaps right off. You should now see
the white BL connector on the left. Check that it is firmly connected. You can operate the emate like this while you
poke around but be careful of the display switch located directly under the left hinge on the main chassis. It is
activated by the display case and if you don't have the front on you will hear a gut-wrenching *SNAP* as the switch gets
mangled. You can just push it down with a screwdriver when you get close.

The display cable is a lot more involved and I would suggest you just inspect and not dismantle as it is a bugger to put
back. (It gets easier each time though!)

There is a dissassembly manual somewhere (Thinks UNNA??) that will help you dismantle your machine.

Good Luck!

or as we English say...

Good Luck!

PCBman