Re: [NTLK] Adventures in Programming Vol. 1

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 12:16:35 EDT

On 05/07/02 11:20, "MuHammed Lonon" <mjl3781_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all, I finally got off my butt andd started
> this journey but I am already running into problems.
>
> 1) Is there some trick or special configuratiion
> necessary to run NTK on a Mac running OS9.x??? When I
> try to open it I get an error saying the program
> couldn't be opened because of some "unknown error"
> (man that message is annoying). I replaced all the
> extensions and preferances in the right places and
> even overwrote the newer one's with those that came
> with NTK.....HELP....!!!
>
> 2) There was a book called: Programming for the
> Newton: using Macintosh, by Julie McKeehan. I say on
> one of the websites maintained by a list-member(i
> think) that the book was on UNNA so that the no longer
> kept it on their site ( i guess they did at one time).
> I have searched all over the archives but can't find
> it anywhere can someone point me in the right
> direction. Or send me a copy (in whatever format, if
> it's legal and all)

If you didn't get NTK from the NewtonDev archive on UNNA, I would strongly
urge you to get it and install from the version in the archive, which was
updated by Paul Guyot. I don't have any problem running NTK in Mac OS 9.2.2.
Heck, I'm even running from Classic in Mac OS X!

I used to have this book on a free web site that went down the drain many
months ago. Since the archive was over 5 MB, I could not afford to host it
on my other, paying web site.

I've tried to find it on UNNA, because I'm fairly sure it's there, but,
unfortunately, UNNA seems to be down again, as I can't get a connection to
it. Anybody knows the direct URL to the USA mirror?

-Laurent.