Re: [NTLK] 2100-backlight/irda questions-problems

From: James Elliott (james.elliott_at_newted.org)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 14:19:41 EDT

>I got a MP2100 via eBay from JK Sales. It looks ok, but I have no dongle to do
>back-ups & load software. I pulled out my trust MP120 and tried to beam some
>entries from my names over to the 2100, but they could not establish a
>connection.
>Are there any angles to try out, or should I load a "beamer" app to the MP120
>to help facilitate this?

I can beam between a 120 and a 2100 just fine with no extra software.
Go into the InOut box and tap the i button. Then select Beam Prefs
and set it to receive beams automatically. Or you can tap Receive
and select Beam each time you want to receive one.

>How do I test the IRDA on either newt?
>How can I test the backlight? That seems to be dead.

You may have noticed that it is not the standard symbol by the 2100's
power switch, but rather a glowing one. Hold the power switch for a
couple seconds to turn on the backlight.

-James