[NTLK] Can't seem to centre the contrast on my Newton 2000

From: Paul Randall (info_at_paulrandall.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 05:08:08 EDT

Hi guy's,

I have just picked up a second hand Newton 2000 on ebay and the screen
is a little dark even at the lowest contrast setting which is not good
as when you turn it up to the highest setting it is way too dark to read
(the backlight is fine by the way). I have seen a thread which mentioned
setting the newton's contrast to an acceptable level and then double
tapping on the word contrast itself below the contrast bar to centre the
bar at that level so you can adjust it some more. I tried this several
times tapping it on different parts of the word "contrast and below it
and above it etc and all it didn't centre the contrast at all. Is there
some special technique to this or another way to centre the contrast
when at virtually the desired level so I can then make it a bit brighter.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Paul.