Re: [NTLK] New accelerator idea. needs no crystal. Need Help.

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 11:37:37 EDT

> It doesn't work!! I can change the levels on the multiplier pins but it
> doesn't seem to work properly. It either works at the same speed or hangs.
> Has anyone else looked into this? Any hints and tips from the hardware
> gurus greatly appreciated.

    Hi Andy. I tried this approach a few months ago. Gave up because i could
not see any difference either. I tried many different configurations and none
did anything, the newt worked at the same speed.

    IMHO the multiplying factor is fixed in the chip. I know the 162 mark on
the SA can mean that it didn't pass a higher speed test, but it also can mean
that it's locked to that speed.

    BTW, I think it would work ok if it wasn't locked, there are different
multiplying references for memory and core speeds.

    Let us know it you find anything!

Daniel Padilla