Re: [NTLK] Newton not Keeping Time

From: Geof Abruzzi (abruzzi_at_cyberiad.org)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 16:11:58 EDT

Great, does this mean that my Newton is junk? I just got it from GEM,
and it seems to work great otherwise. I've tried it plugged in and not,
it still seems to lose time. I've got a flashcard on the way, so once I
can back up, I'll try a hard reset. Hmmm...

Geof

On Tuesday, July 9, 2002, at 12:30 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> on 09/07/02 02:27, Johannes Wolf at mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl wrote:
>
>> It sounds like a hardware error - that the RTC oscillator does not run
>> at a
>> proper speed.
>> Your batteries are fine?
>> Did you try to leave the Newt with the ac wall adaptor (let say over
>> night)?
>>
>> Johannes

All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental. -Kurt Vonnegut