Re: [NTLK] Ethernet cards

From: adam buzza (buzzaa_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 23:51:55 EDT

It took me a fair while to get my PC to network, and it is still has fits
(like now) when I can't get my newt connected. The 3Com card works (3c589d)
, but you really have to have all the newt pkgs, and the right ones. I don't
use coax I use cat5. If you use cat5 you need to use the right one, some are
straight, some are cross over. I would suggest making sure that you have the
right newt pkgs. I set mine up wrong about the first three times.
If you haven't already,
http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/newton/ethernet/
You need Farallon Enet pkg plus the 3C589d patch pkg - i think.
good luck
adam