Re: [NTLK] article

From: Brian Peck (Research/Library) (Brianp_at_ncleg.net)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 12:59:41 EDT

Sushi wrote:

As the article states:

>While the Newton marked the beginning of the PDA era,
>the handwriting recognition that Apple promised never
>managed to live up to the hype, and was one of the
>factors that led to the eventual demise of the product.

Sure the early Newts had some problems in this arena. My 110 suffered a
bit.

However, over the years Apple improved HWR considerably. ... <snip>

Isn't it interesting how all these articles talk about the problems with
Newton's HWR, and yet when I show my MP130 to techie friends and family they
are all astonished at the Newt's HWR. These columnists must never have seen
anything other than the first 100s.

Brian