Re: [NTLK] Newton Users in or near Hamburg, Germany?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 13:59:40 EDT

On 10/07/02 13:45, "Lee, Christopher J" <christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com> wrote:

> In a related vein...
>
> It might be nice to do a sort of "matchmaking" service with existing
> NUGs...so that users in certain locations can contact the nearest NUG...
>
> Is there anything like that now?

There was a section on <http://www.chuma.org/newton> or maybe
<http://www.newtontalk.net/> where a map was listing the location and name
of Newton users in Canada and the US. Don't know if it's still updated,
though. But I don't think I've ever heard about something for NUG.

-Laurent.

GOSMACS /goz'maks/ n.: [contraction of `Gosling EMACS'] The first EMACS-in-C
implementation, predating but now largely eclipsed by GNUMACS. Originally
freeware; a commercial version was modestly popular as `UniPress EMACS'
during the 1980s. The author, James Gosling, went on to invent NeWS and the
programming language Java; the latter earned him demigod status.