Re: [NTLK] article and Sushi too

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 17:34:43 EDT

> These columnists must never have seen
> anything other than the first 100s.

I think most of the columnists have never seen any Newton at all...

Also...

Sushi, I have to disagree with the Steving of Newton. I don't feel
Apple treated Newton with the respect it deserves.

I think the ONLY reason Apple kept Newtons technologies in house was
the fear that someone else would succeed wildly with it, thereby making
Apple look like dummies.

I also can't help but wonder (dream) about where the Newton platform
would be today if Apple had licensed/sold the technology.

Most of the other handheld I've seen (palm/handspring/windowsce/) seem
like little plastic turds compared to Newton.

I have worked with computers since the late '70's and I have never used
a machine that so universally elicits the "I want one" response half as
well as the Newton after the expert demo.

Ah well.

Marty

PS mine still works fine everyday, and I have never (knock on green
plastic) lost any data.