Re: [NTLK] Wireless (IEEE 802.11b or IRDA) connection to OS X

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 10:21:39 EDT

On 11/07/02 11:03, "Darius Zendeh" <newton_at_dariuszendeh.de> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> so far, absolutely no problem for me. I've installed several huge books and
> many other packages over wireless ethernet. I even do backups of my system
> once in a while (MP2100 internal store AND 32MB Flashcard). My MP2100 is an
> accellerated one.
>
> Regards, Darius.
> www.newtenlightment.de
> All your Newton are belong to us.
>
>>> You can use NCU in Classic with IEEE 802.11b, but it fails when I try to
>>> install bigger packages.
>>
>> Can anybody tell us if this is still the case with the latest version, or
>> better, did anybody manage to install big packages with WaveLan so far ?
>> (I haven't been able so far either)

Darius,

Is this really in Classic under OS X? I haven't been able to see my
PowerBook (that was hard wired at that time) from my 2100 when I gave the
wireless stuff a try.

-Laurent.

bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown
even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a
bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous.
Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the
mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England)
`bozoish'.