Re: [NTLK] article

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 17:34:28 EDT

On Thursday 11 July 2002 19:42, SlashDevNull wrote:
> Salutations,
>
> I disagree. I used the mouse under DOS all of the time. Matter of
> fact, the first program I always install after installing windows in
> Norton Commander. It uses a mouse.
>
> I used a mouse on lots of games, Xtree, Magellan, DOS shell program,
> DESQView, and DESQViewX. And of course other programs used the mouse
> like WordPerfect.
>
> As for voice control, it is a stupid idea. It sounds cool, just like
> a using a touchscreen for your main monitor. But in practice it fails
> miserably, except for certain special need applications or people.

Don't make the mistake to equal a text screen to a CLI (command line
interface). All the programs you mention above (at least those that I
recognize) have a GUI (graphical user interface); it just happens that the
interface is built with a standard set of text characters, rather than
with pixels.

--
Jazz.

"Ceteris censeo Fenestras delendas." (Cato - de Terrore Portarum)