Re: [NTLK] Newton Users at Macworld

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 01:19:33 EDT

on 11/07/02 20:44, hal9000x at hal9000x_at_mac.com wrote:

> I've got one.
>
> Will
> On Thursday, July 11, 2002, at 08:29 PM, Zander Goss wrote:
>
>> I know I have said previously that I was attending, but I wanted to
>> suggest that if people are willing to shed $13 at redlightrunner.com, we
>> could all have a Newton Lapel Pin. Then we could identify each other.
>> Whaddya'll think?

Why not wearing your NewtonTalk t-shirt in plain sight?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

brute force adj.: Describes a primitive programming style, one in which the programmer relies on the computer's processing power instead of using his or her own intelligence to simplify the problem, often ignoring problems of scale and applying naive methods suited to small problems directly to large ones. The term can also be used in reference to programming style: brute-force programs are written in a heavyhanded, tedious way, full of repetition and devoid of any elegance or useful abstraction (see also brute force and ignorance).