Re: [NTLK] OT Apple Cube

From: Darius Zendeh (newton_at_dariuszendeh.de)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 08:12:00 EDT

>> You have to use a fan. In my case, I can hear the harddrive, but not the fan.
>
>I replaced my original harddrive with a IBM 48 GB which is very silent and
>hardly gives off any heat, so the Cube is almost completely silent.
>(slight hiss of the rotation of the harddrive, just audible)
>
>But I have to admit that I'm a silence/audio freak, I never use my Newton
>for a long time with the backlight on either...

I also have changed the harddrive, because the or=EDginal one was very loud. I've got a Maxtor DiamondMax D540X (120 GB with Quiet Drive Technology) and a very silent fan from Pabst with variable rpm (depends on the temperature) and believe me if I say that you nearly hear nothing. The Radeon Graphics Card is missing its fan too :-)

Darius.