[NTLK] Any package that does this on a 130?

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 20:32:31 EDT

>I have purchased some NiMH batteries for my MP130. I believe there will now
>be an issue with the Newt not showing the correct battery life remaining
>because it is assuming NiCAD's not NiMH batteries. Correct?

No. It doesn't matter if you use off-the-shelf NiCads or off-the-shelf
NiMH's. In
both cases the 130 will think it is powered by alkalines and thus show a
wrong
battery capacity. The easy way out is to place a piece of cardboard beneath
the
middle two cells, that'll press the switch located there and trick the
Newton into
believing it is running from an original Apple rechargeable pack. This will
show
the right capacity.

>Any software package that corrects this on a 130? Nick's Softcharge from
>LogicTools works only in the MP2X00 series.

Straight from the Pen of Jim Witte when I asked a similar question 4 weeks
ago (thanks again, Jim):

SBMOptions will do this. See
http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/SBMOptions/ It's also got a number of
other nice things like activating freezing, chaning the undo behavior,
extras closing, number of clipboards, and a couple other things.

Cheers

Frank
Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de