Re: [NTLK] TCP/IP Debugging on the Newton?

From: Donald T. Stewart, MD (DonS_at_PineLakeMed.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 01:48:50 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of Rob Frohne
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 11:30 AM
To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
Subject: [NTLK] TCP/IP Debugging on the Newton?
There is a package called "thumb" which you can probably get on UNNA
that gives information about each of the steps in a connection. It is
not a true "ping" utility, but it is better than nothing.

Donald T. Stewart, MD

Hi All,

I'm having trouble getting TCP/IP to work on my 2100 with Wavelan.
Appletalk works just fine. I'm connecting to an Airport base station
and can see the signal strength, etc, but I don't know how to get
information from the Newton about what IP address it got from the DHCP
server, what router, etc. When I do a manual setup, it doesn't seem to
work either. What tools or techniques are there on the Newton to
troubleshoot something like this?

Thanks,

Rob

--