Re: [NTLK] Off Topic Question

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 04:47:37 EDT

> The problem that I am having is that under the BIOS when the
> computer is booting both drives show up as 0 and 1 which is correct. When
> the computer boots into Windoze and I go to My Computer only 1 drive shows
> up. ...
Despite all other recommendations I would be extremely careful with touching
anything of the settings or modification of partition tables or
re-formatting of any drive. If you're not completely sure what you're doing
or you really need the data on the harddisc you shouldn't touch anything.
W2k is able to format SCSI raids and as far as I've seen it can handle all
the common combinations (striped, spanned and mirrored). However, I don't
know how easy it is to get a Wintel box to boot from a raid, I gave up on
this after a few hours. It is certainly not as easy as with a Mac...

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG