[NTLK] palm books on the newton?

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 05:41:11 EDT

I have a newton and newtscape. I have made a palmbook.
I have the palm book reader extension on my newton.

I would like to import the palmbook into the newton to
see if it can be read by newtscape.

In theory this should be possible: In practice I am
getting nowhere. I have tried to get the palm book
installed using NCU, as a package (obviously did not
work) as an imported text file (also did not work) and
by trying to get newtscape to read my desktop - to no
success.

While the third seems the most sensible approach I
have tried every possibility, e.g. used slowdown. I am
stumped. Why my newton cannot read my desktop in
newtscape is beyond me. Am I missing an extension?

Any suggestions are appreciated! I would prefer to
make palm books since then others would be able to use
them. For my own uses making newton books would be
fine, but it would be more useful to all if I could
have palm books readable on a newton - then I would
not have to make two books for any application - and
since I do not own a palm I could not check the books
I would make with dropbook (the equivalent of
paperback).

Any advice or help appreciated! I am stumped!

=== message truncated ===

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.geocities.com/engleerica/ (law)