Re: [NTLK] Bad Ethernet Card?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 06:23:45 EDT

> Don't think so, my 3Com 589D works fine with no pop-up slip. I
> think I read in one of the hardware how-to's that you won't get
> a pop-up with either the Farallon card or the 3Com.
My two Farallon cards trigger the insertion pop-up slip and if I insert
another card (w/o driver loaded) an error pop-up slip is triggered. If
nothing is shown on pop-up this is highly suspicious, IMHO and would have to
do that this particular driver is written to stay calm if the card is fine.
Beside all software problems there's also the likely chance that the cable
or connector is broken. I had this once and was able to fix the broken
solder joint (PN 895).

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG