Re: [NTLK] Getting a picture on my MP?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 10:52:55 EDT

>I don't have access to web or FTP space, but I do have network cards in my
>Newt and my pc. I'm going to look into making an FTP connection to a linux
>computer (it really is new stuff for me).

You can get a free Yahoo! Briefcase account which is http accessible
-- then upload your file to the "briefcase" from your Linux box then
browse with your Newton. Not fast (the pages are complex and take
time to render in Newt'sCape) but it does work, and it's free.

>> You can resize the image by pasting into a Works Draw paper, selecting
>> it, and dragging the resize handles. Constrain to 1:1 ratio (to avoid
>> stretching or squishing) by plugging in a hardware keyboard and pressing
>> "Shift" (still no way to do this without a hardware keyboard, even
>> though I keep begging.)
>>
>Yes. I agree that that was a major oversight in the Works Draw module. I
>know that Works was conceived for the eMate, but still, the Newt is a
>pen-driven O/S after all. Chucks.

I would think it possible to make an add-on that would allow you to
simulate the pressing of hardware SHIFT key without having a keyboard
attached (a floating palette, for example) but none of the developers
I've asked about this have found a way (or perhaps haven't found the
necessity.)

>Is there no way to copy an image to the clipboard from the in-box?

Nope :-(

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd        |   "If I'm going to keep on visiting you,
San Francisco, CA           |   I'll have to send you some good sherry."

PGP Public key can be found on most servers.