[NTLK] Death through Dormancy?

From: B. Miller (brimille_at_onetel.net.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 13:43:51 EDT

It seems like I've read of a simple solution to this on the list before, but
haven't been able to find it in the archives. Here's the deal:

Back in May, I had an MP2100 that I never used much (addicted to my e-Mate).
Perfect condition. Battery lasted for nearly a week with light to moderate
use. Needing money, I sold it on e-Bay.

Due to a variety of complications after I'd packed the unit for delivery,
the buyer didn't get the unit until about a week ago. So the unit had been
in the box for two full months.

The buyer writes to say he charged the battery (I don't know how long), the
unit worked fine for 20 minutes and then went blank and he hasn't been able
to resuscitate it. He's new to Newtons, but I e-mailed him the PDF owner's
manual and the Newton FAQ, pointing out in particular the various reset
procedures. None seem to work.

Any advice/suggestions for what I should tell this guy (besides joining this
list)?

Thanks, Brian