Re: [NTLK] Nokia to newton

From: machula (barpoes_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 23:44:42 EDT

> >QUESTION 1***Okay, there i am again... Hope Daniel is munching
> >happily on the cookies... while I am munching cables...
>
> Did you really send cookies?? :,-)

****oww yes!!!, if the snailman didnt eat them, they should arrive
any time then. Sent them quite sometime ago... two weeks-ish...

> >I tried connecting my nokia 9110 to the newton.
> >No answer from the nokia, nothing on the newton, that is, connected
> >cables, right settings in the newton and the nokia, activated the
> >modem in the nokia 9110, installed daniel's modem thing for the 6110,
> >the newton starts ppp, phones the number of the provider, but answers
> >to me that the nokia modem is not okay.
> >
> >Then I tried the PT100, no answer from the phone.
> >

> Hmm. That's bad. Do you have any other way for testing a
>serial connection
>to the phone? Maybe with a PC using HyperTerminal or with an older Mac.

***I can try with the pc, what program do I use for that?
I can connect the serial to the nokia software, and instal stuff on
it, that will work. (did that before) But I think you rather want to
see if there is life in the modem, throught the serial cable, dont
you?

> >QUESTION 2*** Can I put mp3's in my newton without an ethernet card?
>
> There's a way for making a package that contains a MP3 song. If
>you have a
>PC. (The source is just a couple of text files, if any Mac user out there
>wants to convert it, just e-mail me)
>
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=102261083629900&w=2

***ahh well, I will do some time behind the sordid peecee then...
that mp3 playing from my newton was sheer magic, want to try that
with a cello concerto. hihihi...

> You can install the resulting package with NCU or whatever.
>
>Daniel Padilla

***thanx again, Daniel!
will go ahead with round 2.
keep an eye on the mail or I might need to send new ones.

cheers, Barb