Re: [NTLK] "Q Re-print" size poll

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_Streamserve.Com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 09:34:48 EDT

I have definitely been able to open a TIFF over 75MB on a windows machine
(using PhotoShop) with "only" 256MB RAM. My original comment was about
opening a Jpeg that big- it requires a /lot/ more processing, and it's about
16000 pixels on a side!!
The idea of vectorizing it makes a whole lot more sense to me- It's a
blueprint after all, not a photograph (why didn't I think of that in the
first place??)
Still, it'd be cool to have a reproduction of the original instead of a
recreation... any word on reproduction possibilities yet, Jim?

/Sam