Re: [NTLK] Heap

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 23:47:29 EDT

On my 120, I regularly went below 25k of heap before
the Newt failed (I was running Wyndmail Wireless
client and the AllPoints card. Large emails ate up
heap pretty quickly.
I never ran into a heap problem with my 2000 and
2100...They rarely got down to the 100k area. After I
found out how to handle Wyndmail, I was quite diligent
with freezing icons!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- MuHammed Lonon <mjl3781_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> 2 questions about heap
>
> 1) What is the lowest amount of free heap that you
> can have and still have the Newt "stable and
> responsive". I currently make sure that I don't go
> below 300k but I am guessing that the threshold is
> somewhere around 150.
<snip>

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting