[NTLK] dot mac etc.

From: Thomas Hofts (thofts_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 09:19:19 EDT

After being pretty hot under the collar for a few days I've finally cooled
down and tried to look at this rationally.

I will pay for the dot mac service to keep my primary email address and web
space. I have found the .mac email address is very valuable as I wind up
changing ISP's about every year and not having to change my email address is
extremely valuable.

I've used my mac.com services since day one and have always wondered
(looking from the business side of things) how Apple could continue to
provide these services for free especially since a person could set up an
unlimited number of accounts.

Am I happy about the new charges? No. But I can see why they must charge
the fee from the business side of things and believe the services they are
providing are valuable enough (outside of Virex) to pay for it.

On an unrelated note I am happy to report that after 9 months of being
unemployed I've landed a job in the Tampa FL area so I'll be temporarily
signing off the list when I move.

Looks like my MP2100 will be getting a workout as I work to develop this
companies business nation-wide and will have lots of contacts, note and
travel to log.

I will need to take care of getting either a reliable rechargeable battery
pack or preferably an AA battery tray for my 2100. Anyone know of any AA
trays for sale?

--
Tom Hofts
Lawrence, KS