Re: [NTLK] Geez people, freaking get over it

From: Thomas Hofts (thofts_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 18:15:52 EDT

on 7/19/02 4:16 PM, Brian Pearce at bpearce_at_cloud9.net wrote:

> If you could find something in writing that iTools would remain a free service
> and operate in perpituity, I might be inclined to agree with you. But even if
> you *could* find such a statement: iTools is ending, and .Mac is a new,
> completely seperate service, that offers many of the same features and more.
>
> I wouldn't expect anyone to be familair with the letter of the law on business
> practices, but let's try to keep some perspective here: just because a
> business does something you don't like or that might cost you money should you
> make the choice to continue using its' goods or services doesn't necessarily
> make it either illegal or unethical.
>
> BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

Popping in my OS 9 disk and reading the license agreement it clearly states:

"Apple may, at its or its CEO's sole discretion, discontinue any feature(s)
offered, support for any feature (s), support for older Apple computers or
support for any or all Apple operating system software package(s), in an
effort to force the purchaser to buy a whole new operating system. If the
purchaser owns an Apple computer which will not support the latest Apple
operating system(s), the purchaser shall immediately purchase a new Apple
computer at his/her own expense."

And I thought the Microsoft lawyers were harsh!

Just a joke. There is nothing in the agreement about mac.com email, iDisk,
iTools or even iJustGotScrewed.

--
Tom Hofts
Lawrence, KS