Re: [NTLK] all this over $0.27 a day...

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 08:20:01 EDT

From smalldog.com's K&B newsletter...

"Apple is now going to charge for the
services that they have been providing for free. The use of iTools has =
grown
significantly and Apple intends to offer further enhancements to their
internet-tool offerings, so the free ride is over. iTools becomes .Mac and
will cost you $99 a year if you want to use the tools (existing iTools
members get a first-year discount of $50).

There is a lot of grumbling about this cost, which is understandable given
that iTools was free, but there is real value here and it has been costing
Apple some big bucks to maintain this growing internet offering. I do not
fault them for making it a paying service."

In about 2-3 years, every Mac OS license will have to be renewed on a =
yearly basis. Users paid for it in '02, why can't they pay every year. =
Scary thought, I'll stick with my Newts. :-o

!ooW %-)
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!
lanug2000_at_yahoo.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lanug2000