Re: [NTLK] the iNewt's new clothes

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 10:37:16 EDT

At 10:27 23/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>--- charles mangin <newton_at_option8.com> wrote:
>[snip!]
> >> Leather
> >> Goddesses of Phobos.. now tell me if YOU get that
> >> reference)
>[snip!]
>
>I know it was in some computer game, Zork or something similar?
>
>-Laurent.

IIRC it _was_ a computer game. In the days of DOS3.2 ish on (IBM) PCs.
There were a lot around in those days. I suppose partly because systems
weren't really up to heavy real-time graphics.

I still think many 80-90's games still have appeal today. Many of them had
better gameplay probably _because_ the machines weren't powerful and the
designers had to put more thought into keeping the player entertained.

Nostalgia. Ain't what is used to be.

Cheers.

Andy.