Re: [NTLK] OT: upcoming trip to Montreal: poutine advice needed

From: Mark Janello (mjanello_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 00:10:48 EDT

> >Can anyone recommend a place in Montreal where
> >we might find the best example of this delicacy?

I can't vouch for the Poutine but the fries are excellent at the 'Gibeau
Orange Julep' near autoroute Decarie (15) and Jean-Talon.

It's shaped like a giant orange and the waitresses will come to your car on
rollerblades. A few picnic tables outside with a lovely view of the WalMart
parking lot (no inside seating), and you have to fight off the seagulls for
extra ambiance. A huge sack of fries is really cheap. It's a favorite
hangout for both families and the biker crowd.

I'm sorry to miss the Aug 3 event--I'm moving to Baltimore on the 1st!
Leaving the poutine and heading for the crabcakes.

Mark