[NTLK] Ethernet Card Weirdness

From: Graham Metcalfe (Graham_at_mmlive.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 16:19:27 EDT

I've just received and hooked up a 3COM 3C589D to my 2100. I have all the
drivers etc. installed. I can successfully see and print to all the
LocalTalk/Postscript printers on my companies network, but cannot see any of
the Macs on the network. I have AppleTalk set up to use the 3Com card and
have selected the correct driver. I'm not receiving any kind of error
message in the Dock. When I open up the "Select a MacOS Computer" slip it
just shows "Looking for MacOS Computers..." and never seems to find any
(even after letting it go for a couple of minutes. Conversely, when I go to
print and look for networked printers the Newt frind all the printers in
about 5 seconds. Has anybody seen this behavior before? Any fixes? Thanks.

Graham Metcalfe | Sr. Information Architect
multimedialive
625 Second St
Petaluma, CA 94952
Phn: 707-780-1709