[NTLK] 5.0688 Crystal?

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 23:20:24 EDT

Dropped into my favourite electronic junk store last I was in Montreal
looking for 5.000 MHz crystals. They didn't have any, but did have some at
5.0688. If I used this (and it worked) would I have the fastest Newt on the
planet? :-)

Someone somewhere mentioned that there were two types of crystals. Mine has
a short little dangly wire sticking out of the top. What's this for and
where does it connect to? (Looks like ground?)

Also picked up an assortment of switches, but the game is to keep the wire
short to reduce radio emissions, right?

Must find some dead (or terminally ill) equipment to practice my surface
soldering/desoldering on...

jc