Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0b13

From: Michael Schaefer (mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 05:53:31 EDT

I have only a couple of things to say about this. Firstly, I have to admit I
try to avoid paying for software where possible at first and if I am sure
that it does what I want I'll try to pay for it.

Here, with the ATA Driver my mind was made up a long time ago. I contacted
the only store I could find which had Linear Cards and was quoted A$500 (
US$250 ) for a NEW 32Mb Card and that the price would probably go up as
manufacturers were trying to stop making them. I then went to my local
camera store and bought a CF Adapter and 32Mb CF Card for A$80 ( $US40 )
while it didn't work with the driver until I think it was b4. I have been
using the demo ever since with no major complaints. Even the slow speed I
can handle. I have a tendency to try to have too many programs on my 2000 so
I had to reboot quite often. Now, I can have two partitions of 2Mb and
seperate Games etc and only load them when I play them and maximise my heap.

So, even at 50Euros ( A$100 ) I will buy it because I am much better off. As
a student and a programmer I can see both sides of the coin but I have to
come down on Paul's side.

   Michael