Re: [NTLK] I'm done with the ATA thread.

From: Keith E. McComb (kinsfire_at_kinsfire.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 13:29:39 EDT

At 01:08 AM 7/29/2002, you wrote:

>My last post to it, was the last post. I'm sorry that people got riled
>up, but I felt like I had to say my piece and stick with it. I honestly
>and sincerely think Paul could do better for himself as well as everyone
>else if he rethinks the price. I may have said he was gouging, but I
>was a bit worked up due to all the mild flaming in my direction. I
>don't know Paul, and I don't know anything he's done for the community.

Another reason to think before posting (try it sometime - you might find it
a refreshing change).

I just finished perusing the archives on this thread, so I can only assume
that the mild flaming you were referring to came in private e-mails. If
not, ONE person (count it - ONE) person wrote something that could even
mildly be considered a flame, and that was only because he chose to mention
you by name, which means that "I suspect, fanatics who don't mind being
gouged aside, the practical use numbers are miniscule" actually WAS
uncalled for. The eight messages between your first e-mail and the one
with the above quote contained included one making a comment about storage
needs, three referring to that comment, another one from you on that
subject, referring to the wireless solution being better, Paul saying
whoops concerning leaving something out of the FAQ, PCBMan posting the only
one that could remotely be considered a flame, and someone basically
thanking Paul for his work. Eight messages, one of which was yours, and
one Paul's that made no reference to your message, which leaves us with six
e-mails.

So, if you didn't get any private e-mails, you took the contents of ONE
e-mail as "all the mild flaming".

As I said, a troll.

Keith McComb

...yes, I thought before posting this...

Would somebody PLEASE reboot the clue server?